10% of the purchase price of this book goes to support adult literacy through ProLiteracy--thank you!
Probiotics add good bacteria to the gut and crowd out bad bacteria--among many other benefits they provide. The probiotic revolution is all about making ourselves healthier and feeling better every day by taking optimal care of our own nutrition and digestion. It's also about all the amazing, all-natural, probiotic-rich foods that are available now, from yogurts and kefir, to miso and kombucha to good old-fashioned kraut. As Kelli Foster reveals in the more than 100 delectably appealing recipes in these pages, probiotic-rich ingredients can be used to make incredibly tasty meals, from breakfast, brunch, and lunch to snacktime, dinner, and dessert. You'll never rely of supplements again! Kelli's book includes:
- Loads of vibrant soups, salads, sides, and main courses--from Chilled Sweet Corn Soup with Pesto and Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes to Loaded Portobello Burgers and Fish Tacos with Kefir-Avocado Crema--for easy-to-make weekday meals and elegant weekend spreads
- Helpful tips on how to find probiotic-rich foods in supermarkets and farmers' markets, plus, for DIY enthusiasts, a primer with recipes for making your own fermented foods that are full of probiotics
- Recipes and guidance for adding prebiotics to your meals, since prebiotics are needed for probiotics to work
- More than a dozen portable and delicious smoothies and similar drinks, for a quick and refreshing probiotic fix on the fly
- A chapter full of versatile probiotic dressings and sauces, such as Orange-Miso Vinaigrette and Quick Kimchi Aioli, that you can use to turn any meal into a probiotic one
Kelli Foster is a staff writer and editor for The Kitchn, which more than twenty million people visit each month, and the author of Buddha Bowls and Probiotic Kitchen. A graduate of the French Culinary Institute, she lives in New York City.
This book is in USED--LIKE NEW condition--UNREAD book. Crisp, clean cover. Tight bindings. NO highlights, NO dog ears, NO underlines. Minor shelf wear. Black remainder mark on edge of page.