10% of the purchase price of this book goes to support adult literacy through ProLiteracy--thank you!
From the back cover:
LIVE DIRTY, EAT CLEAN--BECAUSE EVERY SERIOUS DISEASE OR CHRONIC AILMENT BEGINS IN OUR GUT.
In The Microbiome Solution, Dr. Robynne Chutkan, a preeminent gastroenterologist, explains how the standard Western diet and our super-sanitized lifestyles are starving our microbiomes, depleting the "good bugs" that are crucial for keeping us healthy, and encouraging overgrowth of exactly the wrong types of bacteria, which can leave us vulnerable to a host of autoimmune and chronic health conditions. Here she shares her powerful program of simple yet effective lifestyle and diet changes to help you recover and reverse the damage, along with practical advice throughout, including:
- An overview of the "modern microbial disrupters" that are stripping our bodies of their natural protective systems
- Delicious, nourishing recipes that actually encourage the growth of good bacteria
- A list of important questions to ask your doctor if you have been prescribed an antibiotic, as well as advice on how to protect your gut during a treatment course
- A guide to choosing the right probiotics and supplements
- Critical information on how to prevent and recover from health conditions like eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, Crohn's disease, colitis, IBS, and more
- An introduction to the stool transplant, the next frontier for a severely troubled microbiome
This is the first book to offer a pragmatic plan for replenishing and optimizing the vital ecosystem in our gut. Start living dirty and eating clean today to ward off disease and begin the path toward lifelong vibrant health.
Dr. Chutkan is one of the most recognizable gastroenterologists working in America today, and this is the first book to distill the research into a practical, effective plan for replenishing our microbiomes. The Microbiome Solution will bring welcome relief to the millions who want to grow a good "gut garden"--and enjoy healthier, happier lives.
Robynne Chutkan, M.D., is one of the most recognizable gastroenterologists working in America today. Dr. Chutkan has a B.S. from Yale and an M.D. from Columbia, and operates and teaches in the gastroenterology department at Georgetown University Hospital. An avid snowboarder, marathon runner, and Vinyasa yoga practitioner, she is dedicated to helping her patients live not just longer, but better lives.
Prefer audiobook format?